The Eucharist

The Eucharist
May the Heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

God Has Already Won

J.M.J. +

"When the time comes as it surely will, when we face that awesome moment, the final judgment, I've often thought...that those in the pro-life movement will not be alone. I think there will be a chorus of voices that have never been heard in this world but are heard beautifully and clearly in the next world --- and they will plead foreveryone who has been in this movement. They will say to God, 'Spare him because he loved us,' --- and God will look at you and say not, 'Did you succeed?' but 'Did you try?'"
---- Henry Hyde


Dear Friends of the Unborn,
I am emailing in regards to the peaceful prayer vigil scheduled for this Saturday the 5th of January at 345 Whitney Avenue Planned Parenthood during the killing hours of 8am until 12 pm noon. Please respond to take an hour of prayer.
We have been so very blessed to have received such beautiful consolations from Our Lord over the past few weeks on the precious lives that have been spared and hearts that have been converted. However we all know that many precious infants’ lives continue to be taken so violently right from the womb. The world labels these babies as inconvenient, as a mistake, as less than normal or perfect, or even as unwanted. However we know that God makes no mistakes and His plan is Truth. We know these tiny souls yearn for love just like we do only their need is so much greater as they have no voice to speak and their tiny arms reaching out to us for comfort are hidden from our eyes. I have included below the sad news in response to the email sent just before Christmas about the woman seeking an abortion due the suspicion that her baby might have downs syndrome. This woman decided to reject the graces God extended and chose to kill her baby. She had hundreds of people praying for her, but decided to reject the love of God. God’s Will which really is His love for us, will never be forced upon us as we must accept it freely. In faith we know that things are not always what they seem. Mother Angelica once was speaking about fear in times of perceived defeat. She commented When Jesus was Crucified His Apostles fled in fear and after His death remained in the upper room till He appeared to them. The only ones who remained at the foot of the Cross were Our Blessed Mother, John, and a few women who were probably healed or had demons driven out by Jesus. The rest, who claimed to love Him the most, where nowhere to be found. You see what appeared to be the greatest defeat to these men was really the greatest victory of all time. God took the greatest evil that could ever be imagined and created the greatest triumph through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. God’s ways are not our ways and we must accept in faith that God will not allow these precious lives to be taken in vain. For we already know how the story ends, God has already won.
Please come out and pray with us these babies and mothers need you.
God bless,
Mike and Kerry

Thy Kingdom Come! Dear All in Christ,
Thank you all for your prayers, I just received word that Tammy's friendin CA had the abortion as planned. Tam's note is below. I would like to add that I believe God can certainly allow good to come out of this tragic loss of life. There were so many prayers going up toheaven for this mom and her baby that I cannot help believe this woman will eventually come to know Him through it all...She exercised her free will but God's will is so much stronger. His will for us to know him as Love and to accept with joy the crosses we face out of love for him. That will be my on going prayer for this mom. Thanks again and may God richly bless you this coming year. Yours in Christ and the Movement,
Peggy

Hi Mom,
Unfortunately, she had the abortion. The whole thing was a real heartbreak for me. Here is the message she sent out to the class last week:

"THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for the beautiful flowers that I found when I gotback from the hospital!!!!! It filled the house with a wonderful smell for days and everytime I look in the direction of the roses I just have to smile:) Also thanks a lot for all your caring E-mails and cards-I'm very lucky to have so many caring friends at Strollerstrides! The D&E went very well and I recovered fast. I've got the "green" light to exercise, so watch out!!!"

I never heard a word from her. I just can't believe the braziness and audacity in her openness about this. It kills me that she is sending this to over 100 people and most likely we were the only ones who said anything. I really tried to do everything I thought God asked of me. I talked to her on the phone twice, and drove down a copy of all of the emails Ireceived for her to read them...and finally, in desperation, I gave her phone #to afriend with Downs twins. Kathy called her and said Sibylle said 'I've made my decision, I am having the procedure in a few minutes, and I can'tbelievewhat an invasion of privacy this is.' And, of course, she was upset that I gave Kathy her #. But, a life was at stake! I didn't know what else to do. Anyway, I'm sorry that the news is not good. But my best reflection in prayer is that God wanted to use this to prepare us and everyone praying for Sibylle to welcome him with more love and devotion on Christmas day. And it certainly (for the first time) has made me open to the possibility of having a Downs child. I appreciate and value life so much more now. All of the Christmas holiday I couldn't talk about this without crying b/c life is such a precious and delicate thing- I'm so thankful that God pulled me out of my comfort and gave me the grace to ACT and to try to change her decision. It was so hard for me to confront her (and without Byrnes' support I never would have). But it has showed me that some things are too important to sit back and watch happen. I could probably write a lot more, but I know you are at work. I think people should be encouraged that #1 SO MANY others around the country are doing all they can to support life (I must have received over 100 emails from people I don't know) and #2 that God is giving us opportunities like this to make a difference- and the more we act on it, the more influence we'll have-who knows how many people she might tell about how I 'invaded her privacy'..and how many of those people will agree with what I did, and maybe be encouraged to do the same some time in the future.. you know? Thank you for your prayers and for getting the word out. I wish I had better news. I was convinced there would be a miracle- but God had other plans.
I love you Mom, Have a great day,
Tam

No comments: